One factor why businesses still exist is because of their customers. And when we say “customer” it includes not only of satisfied customers but also of complaining customers. Nothing compares with the fulfillment you’ll get when you satisfy or pacify a complaining one. Customers are not always right but they are important and should be treated right no matter how harsh they could be. They are vital to any business. Satisfactions will keep a business running, on the other hand, complaints will help them determine the business’ weaknesses and imperfections that will drive them to improve further their operations and standards.
One of the most effective methods in handling customer complaints is the L.E.A.R.N Principle. Before coming up with a solution, you must be able to analyze first the customer’s concern. And this method will help a lot to identify the problem then proceeding with the solution.
L.E.A.R.N. is an acronym, with 5 simple steps to follow:
• LISTEN – Listen carefully to your customer to have a better understanding of the situation. Don’t interrupt or butt in, allow him to express and release his disappointment or anger.
• EMPATHIZE – “We understand how this situation brought you inconvenience”, talk to him as if you were on the same shoes in a calm manner. Let him know you feel what he feels.
• APOLOGIZE – Apologize and never put a blame that will aggravate the situation. Say “Sorry” as much as you can to let him know you’re regretful of the unfavorable situation he had.
• REACT – Come up with the solutions to show him your commitment and sincerity to achieve his satisfaction and regain his trust. Tell him you’re countermeasures and actions to immediately solve the problem.
• NOW! – Do not procrastinate. Take every complaint with urgent action. Be proactive! “If we don’t take care of our customers, someone else will.” – UNKNOWN
Filed under: Blog, Business Tips and Guides, Business/Franchise | Tagged: 5 simple steps to customer satisfaction, food cart business tips and guides, food cart franchising, food cart negosyo, how to handle customer complaints, how to listen to customers, Learn to listen to customers, steps in listening to customer complaints